Paprika 3.0 is now available for Android! It has been completely redesigned and rebuilt from scratch. Here’s a look at
the new app:
- Grid - We’ve added a new grid view that highlights your recipe photos.
- Multiple Photos - You can now add multiple photos to each recipe. Full-sized photos are now saved directly in the app
itself, not just thumbnails.
- Photo Embedding - Photos can now be embedded in recipe text and tapped to zoom.
- Recipe Links - You can insert links to other recipes or websites from within your ingredients and directions.
- Bold and Italics - You can format recipe text with bold and italics using a Markdown-like syntax.
- Expanded Search - You can now search for recipes across multiple categories, and search across the following fields:
name, ingredients, directions, notes, source, and source url.
- Conversions - You can now convert ingredient measurements between US standard and metric systems.
- Pinning - Pin active recipes to easily switch between them while you are cooking. Pinned recipes will
remember which ingredients have been crossed off and which direction is currently highlighted so you don’t lose your place.
- Timers - You can now create, view, and manage timers within the app. Cook times are automatically detected in recipe
directions so you can simply tap on one to start a new timer.
- Printing - You can now choose between printing full pages or index cards, and additional print options have been
added to customize which recipe fields and photos are printed.
- Subcategories - You can now organize categories into subcategories and browse recipes by subcategory.
- Trash - A new trash category has been added. Deleted recipes are now moved to the trash first, so you can recover accidentally
- Multiple Grocery Lists - You can now create multiple grocery lists and add different items to each list.
- Custom Aisles - You can now create custom grocery aisles, and arrange them in your preferred order.
- Aisle Assignments - When you assign an ingredient to an aisle, it will remember that assignment and reuse it in the future.
- Pantry Integration - You can now move ingredients back and forth between the pantry and grocery list.
- Improved Consolidation - The grocery list has been overhauled and is more accurate at consolidating ingredients.
- New! - The pantry section is new to the Android version of Paprika. It allows you to track which ingredients you have in
stock at home. You can record quantities, purchase dates, and expiration dates for each pantry item, and add your
own custom ingredients. Pantry ingredients are automatically unchecked for you when you add a recipe to your grocery list.
- Month View - A new calendar view shows all of your scheduled meals for the month at once.
- Day View - The new day view shows the current day’s meals, organized by meal type.
- Custom Meal Types - You can now add custom meal types to the meal planner, and rename or reorder the existing ones.
- New! - The menu section is also new to the Android version of Paprika. It allows you to create
reusable sets of recipes (“menus”) that can be added to the meal planner all at once. You can create menus that span
multiple days or even weeks, and predefine the meal types (Breakfast, Dinner, etc) for each menu item. This makes it
easy to create a weekly meal plan and reuse it in the future.
- Faster Syncing - Syncing has been overhauled to run much more quickly and more frequently. Changes will be pushed in
real-time between devices.
Paprika 3 for Android has been released as a free app, giving you the opportunity to try it out before buying.
All features are available in the free version of Paprika, except:
- You can only save up to 50 recipes.
- Paprika Cloud Sync is not available.
You can upgrade to the full version at any time (via in-app purchase) to unlock unlimited recipes and cloud syncing.
Once unlocked, existing users will be able to use Paprika Cloud Sync to sync their data over to the new app.
To celebrate the launch of Paprika 3 for Android we are placing the new app on sale. During the sale period all users
will be able to unlock the full version of the app at a discounted price of $2.99 (in US dollars, pricing may vary
by country and currency). After the sale ends, the price will return to $4.99, and only existing users will be eligible
to upgrade at the discounted price.
Download the new app via the Google Play Store or through the link below:
Get Paprika 3 for Android